Paris Fashion Week 2024: Insider Tips for Scoring Access
Learn insider tips for emerging fashion brands on how to gain coveted access and exposure at Paris Fashion Week 2024, including getting on the official calendar, leveraging a showroom, building buzz and making key connections.
Paris Fashion Week is a coveted event for fashion brands looking to gain global recognition. The 2024 shows contain 3 main collections, which will be held at different times throughout the year. For designers and fashion managers aspiring to be part of this prestigious event, here are tips for attending and participating:
- Apply early to get on the official Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode calendar. Applications typically open 9 months in advance.
- If an own runway show is not viable, explore presenting a capsule collection with a fashion house or retailer.
- Purchase tickets for the main fashion shows and events happening throughout the week.
- Send lookbooks and linesheets to major fashion editors and buyers 5-6 months pre-fashion week.
- Host a preview presentation for media and buyers 1-2 months prior. Collaborate with PR firms to drive RSVPs.
- Strategically send products to influencers and celebrity stylists who can wear your brand.
- Promote sneak peeks and announcements on social media leading up to the shows.
Leveraging a Showroom
- Schedule appointments with top buyers looking to place orders.
- Invite press to view the line up close and do interviews.
- Host influencer events and client meetings in the space.
- Attend industry events and parties to network with editors, buyers and taste-makers.
- Partner up with other fashion brands to get introductions to key contacts.
- Hire fashion week interns to help coordinate meetings and manage the showroom.
With smart preparation and planning, Paris Fashion Week 2024 can offer incredible exposure and opportunities for emerging labels. Securing a showroom space and creating buzz is an effective way to amplify your participation and make the most of fashion week.